» Industrial Chemicals
Methanol is the clear and colourless flammable liquid that comes with a characteristic odour. As a clean energy source, it finds the main usage in making of other chemicals. Further, it is also used in products like paints, explosives, plastics, plywood as well as in permanent press textiles. Further, its derivative Dimethyl Ether can also be blended with liquefied petroleum gas for home heating as well as for cooking applications.
Methanol finds usage in meeting the demands of :
- Producing formaldehyde and automotive antifreeze
- In chemical synthesis applications including of Methyl
Chloride, Methylamines, Methyl Methacrylate
- Used for general solvents like as paint removers, surface coatings,
inks and adhesives
- Used in aviation and rocket Fuel
- Works as denaturant for Ethyl Alcohol and dehydrator for natural gas
It is also used as common laboratory solvent and is suitable for :
- UV/VIS spectroscopy
- LCMS (because of low UV cutoff)
||% by wt. min.
|Density at 20oC
||gm / cc min.
||gm / cc max.
||% by wt. max.
|Distillation by range at 760 mm of Hg
||max. (64.5oC to 65.5oC)
|Residue on evaporation
|Acidity as Formic Acid
||Miscible in all proportions without development of turbidity